Sydney, AUSTRALIA – 9th October 2019: Australia’s multi-award winning alternative investment manager, Regal Funds Management, has announced the appointment of Rebecca Fesq as Global Head of Distribution and Marketing.
In response to a growing demand for Regal’s alternative investment strategies from a broad range of clients and their advisers, Rebecca will be based in Sydney and lead Regal’s global client strategy.
Regal’s Chief Investment Officer and Chairman, Philip King said “our mission, as it has been since we founded Regal in 2004, is to grow the wealth of our investors. Rebecca’s appointment reflects the strong demand we are seeing from a growing number of investors & their advisers who recognise and value our ability to consistently deliver true active returns.”
Brendan O’Connor, Regal’s Chief Executive Officer added “Rebecca’s deep experience and proven track record across sales, marketing and client experience in the funds management and investment banking industry made her the perfect candidate for the role. By building strength in our client and investor relations team, we can ensure that our 25 strong investment team can continue to focus on delivering returns for our investors.”
Prior to joining Regal, Rebecca was at Pendal Group for five years where she held a number of senior roles, including most recently Head of Client Experience and Direct. Ms Fesq said, “Regal is one of the great names in Australia’s financial landscape, one I have admired since my early days in the industry. As we see an increasing demand for active managers who provide differentiated sources of alpha and non-correlated returns, I am thrilled to be joining Phil, Brendan and the Regal team during this exciting period of growth. Their proven performance and dedication to growing investor wealth, makes them uniquely positioned to play a larger role in the investment portfolios of Australian and global investors that value alternative investments.”
Ms Fesq is the latest in a number of senior hires, strategic investments and partnerships announced by Regal as they reinforce their position as Australia’s leading alternatives manager.
Recent hires include:
- Dr Madusha Dilshan Seneviratna, a former ER doctor who joined under Dr Craig Collie to strengthen Regal’s market leading healthcare sector specialisation;
- Justin Harsel and Nick Seeto, joining from RF Capital as portfolio managers of Regal’s global equity income and volatility strategies; and
- James Hood, a former Rothschild M&A Banker joined as Regal’s lead energy sector analyst.
Recent strategic investments and partnerships include:
- Gresham Resources Royalty Fund, a new fund launched in partnership with Gresham Partners to invest in royalties from Australian resource assets; and
- Regal’s 50% acquisition of Kilter Rural, Australia’s leading water rights, agricultural and eco-systems manager.